These concern the Troll A 3 and 4 pre-compression project (TPC 34), the main aims of which are to maintain maximum daily gas production at 120 MMcm (4.24 bcf), annual maximum production at 30 bcm (1 tcf), and to facilitate future gas deliveries from the Troll Vest reservoir.
Another goal is to sustain a high production rate from the Troll Øst gas reservoir within the platform’s lifespan, due to finish in 2063.
Activities to be completed by October 2015 are:
- Installation of a new compressor module, comprising two compressors powered by electric motors and associated equipment
- Associated electric driver system with onshore power. A new rectifier station is under construction on Kollsnes with new DC cables laid between Kollsnes and Troll A. Rectifier equipment will be installed in a new module on Troll A and the compressor motors connected electrically to these systems
- Construction of a new electrical/instrument/telecommunication module
- Removal of the existing D11 module and other systems to make room for the new modules
- Replacement of the two existing cranes with new ones. Adjacent offshore modifications, tie in, and completion activities to be performed after lift-in of the modules
- Hook-up on Kollsnes and installation of a new AC cable
- Upgrade of the existing gas manifold due to acoustic vibration problems.
Also in the North Sea, PSA has granted Total consent to use the semisub Borgland Dolphin to drill and complete a production well in license PL102 C.
Well 25/5-D-1 H will be a side track to a previously drilled exploration well in a prospect between the producing Byggve field and the shut-in Frøy field.
The location is 22 km (13.7 mi) east of the Heimdal complex in a water depth of 119 m (390 ft). Drilling should be completed in April.