MOREHEAD CITY, North Carolina – Marine Simulation LLC has announced the release of ROVsim2 O&G and ROVsim2 Pro , their new family of next generation undersea robotics training simulator systems. According to the company, ROVsim2 reflects an important step in the development of 3D simulation and integrates a number of new features and enhancements, including:
- Five new oil and gas missions, including two new anchor and suction piling support missions that can be used independently of or fully integrated with Marine Simulation's vSHIP ship simulator.
- Four new search and recovery missions, including an airliner "black box" recorder recovery mission modeled after the recent Air France recovery effort.
- A variety of new ROV tools, including 7, 5, and 3 function manipulators, cathodic potential probe, ultrasonic thickness probe and laser measuring devices.
- Full serial communications (RS 232, RS422, etc) support so the simulator software can be integrated into custom control consoles and send data to external devices such as chart plotters and instrument displays.
- Extended support for Windows 7 64 bit operating systems enabling larger and more complex mission areas than before.
ROVsim2 is expected to be available for delivery later this year.