Nexus contracts McDermott for Crux review

Offshore staff

MELBOURNE, Australia – Nexus Energy Ltd. has contracted McDermott Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. for engineering and strategy review of the Crux liquids project offshore northwestern Australia. Average water depth is 170 m (558 ft) with the main reservoir at 3,800 m (12,467 ft).

Under this agreement, Nexus can review McDermott’s initial work by the end of June 2011. If this review is satisfactory to Nexus, and should FID be sanctioned, McDermott may assist Nexus to complete the Crux liquids project.

Crux is in Production License AC/L9 in the Browse basin. Nexus is operator and holds 85% equity in the liquids with Osaka Gas holding the remaining 15%. Shell Development Australia holds 100% of the rights to any natural gas in the permit.

05/13/2011

The Crux liquids project is offshore northwestern Australia.

Click to Enlarge



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...