The Association of State Dam Safety Officials recently honored a number of individuals and companies for their work in the dam safety field during its recent conference in Philadelphia.
Recognized during a special awards banquet were:
- National Rehabilitation Project of the Year: Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Beaver Park Dam
- National Award of Merit: Bruce Tschantz (University of Tennessee Professor Emeritus, former Chief of Federal Dam Safety) and Ron Corso (formerly with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission);
- Northeast Award of Merit: Suez Water (New Jersey) and the Springfield Water & Sewer Commission (Massachusettts);
- Southeast Regional Award of Merit: Lyle Bentley (Tennessee Dam Safety Program);
- Midwest Regional Award of Merit: Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Engineering;
- West Regional Award of Merit: John Clark (Colorado Parks & Wildlife) and Michele Lemieux (Montana Dam Safety Section);
- Terry Hampton Medal: Blake Tullis (Utah State University);
- President's Award: Mark Baker (National Park Service) and Lucas Trumble (Michigan Department of Environmental Quality);
- ASDSO Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship: Cali McMurtrey (Brigham Young University); and
- Student Paper Competition: Emily Reed (Tennessee Tech) and Yi Tyan Tsai (UCLA).
ASDSO is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping its members learn more about dam safety through engineering, operation, maintenance and emergency response.
For more dam safety news, visit here.