The International Hydropower Association has announced results of its election of IHA board members who will serve to October 2017.
The elected candidates are as follows:
- Ken Adams, Canada -- senior vice president, power supply, Manitoba Hydro
- Colin Clark, Canada -- chief technical officer, Brookfield Renewable Energy Group
- Yvan Cliche, Canada -- public and governmental affairs, Hydro Quebec
- Gil Maranhão Neto, Brazil -- director of business development, GDF Suez Energy Brazil/Tractebel Energia S.A.
- Jose Maria Sanchez Tilleria, Paraguay/Brazil -- technical director, Itaipu Binacional
- Antoine Badinier, France -- deputy vice president, EDF Hydropower Generation and Engineering Division
- Tron Engebrethsen, Norway -- senior vice president, International Hydro, Statkraft
- Roland Münch, Germany -- president and chief executive officer, Voith Hydro Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Wolfgang Semper, Austria -- senior vice president, Andritz Hydro
- Óli Grétar Blöndal Sveinsson, Iceland -- executive vice president of research and development at Landsvirkjun
- Segomoco Scheppers, South Africa -- senior general manager, ESKOM
West and Central Asia
- Awadh Giri, India -- chief executive officer, Hindustan Electric Power Ltd.
- Rasim Khaziakhmetov, Russia -- director of technology policy, RusHydro
East Asia and Pacific
- Roy Adair, Australia -- chairman and managing director, Sustainable Energy Services PTY Ltd.
- Tammy Chu, Australia -- managing director, Entura
- Roger Gill, Australia -- managing director and principal consultant, Hydro Focus Pty Ltd.
- Lin Chuxue, China -- executive vice president, China Three Gorges Corp.
- Torstein Dale Sjøtveit, Malaysia -- chief executive officer, Sarawak Energy Berhad
The first meeting of the new board will take place in London, Sept. 21-23, where the new board members will appoint the president and vice presidents, and confirm the strategy and priorities for the association for the next two years.