Hydraulic Turbines is the latest addition to the complement of online power plant technical forums by the International Generator Technical Community (IGTC).
Hydraulic Turbines follows the category organization and site structure of the IGTC’s popular Generator Forum, which was founded in 2010.
In 2014, generator technical community members began posting hydraulic turbine questions in the Generator Forum, thus creating a need for information on the subject matter. In response, site management engaged the help of a new group of volunteer expert moderators to address posted-questions by creating the Hydraulic Turbine forum.
Hydraulic Turbine’s overall Forum Master is Colin Clark of Brookfield Renewable Energy Group.
In specific discussion categories the moderators are as follows:
- Turbine Design-Specific Issues & Performance Troubleshooting: William Fay, P.E. of Tacoma Power and Lee Sheldon, P.E., consulting engineer;
- Gates: Ken Hostler, Hydro Consulting & Maintenance Services (HCMS);
- Bearings: Lyle Branagan, Ph.D., Pioneer Motor Bearings;
- Governors: Roger Clarke-Johnson, American Governor; and
- Turbine Maintenance & Overhauls: Paul Bernhardt, P.E., Hatch and Clyde Krout, HCMS.
The new technical forum can be found at www.powerplanttechnicalforum.org.
Membership is free to qualified power industry professionals. All of the site’s forums are limited to only technical discussions.