Albania's Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Water Administration invites expressions of interest from consultants to serve as dam portfolio risk management expert to review safety of 11 dams being rehabilitated and modernized in Albania's Drin-Buna and Semani river basins. Responses are due April 9.
The ministry took bids last year for civil construction to rehabilitate and modernize the 11 dams. It also recruited consultants to supervise rehabilitation and modernization of the dams, located in Kukes, Berat, Fier, Korca and Murriz Thana. The government took responses in 2013 in a similar solicitation for work on the 11 dams and three others.
Albania has received 31 million euros (US$33.7 million) in financing from the World Bank for the Water Resources and Irrigation Project, which it plans to use for supervisory services for dam rehabilitation. The dams include:
- Vranishti 2 (or Vranisht 2), installation of gravel berm for stability;
- Tregtani 2 (or Tregtan 2), reconstruction of spillway and install parapet wall;
- Tregtani 3 (or Tregtan 3), reprofile downstream face including berm and stone and gravel protection;
- Murriz Thana, significant reprofiling, installation of stone berm, reconstruction of outlet;
- Kurjan, reprofile, berm installation;
- Strumi, reprofile, berm installation;
- Zharreza (or Zharrez), reprofile downstream, reconstruct spillway;
- Belesova, reprofile downstream, reconstruct spillway;
- Duhanasi (or Duhanas), reprofile downstream, reconstruct spillway;
- Leminoti, reprofile downstream and spillway;
- Koshnica, rebuild dam at lower crest level.
The ministry seeks expressions of interest from a dam portfolio risk management expert to serve on a dam safety review panel to undertake periodic, comprehensive and independent reviews of design and construction and rehabilitation works.
Information on terms of reference may be obtained from the ministry Internet site, www.bujqesia.gov.al, or from Project Manager Ilirjan Lame, Water Resources and Irrigation Project, Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Water Administration, Blv. Deshmoret e Kombit No. 2, kp. 1001 Tirana, Albania; Tel/Fax: (355) 4-2226243; E-mail: email@example.com; Internet: www.bujqesia.gov.al.
Expressions of interest are due in person or by mail by noon April 9 to General Secretary Vojo Bregu, Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Water Administration, Blv. Deshmoret e Kombit No. 2, kp. 1001, Tirana, Albania.