The National Hydropower Association is currently seeking nominations for the 2014 Dr. Kenneth Henwood Award.
The Henwood Award -- NHA's highest individual honor -- has been presented annually since 1990 to a recipient who best exemplifies the qualities of its namesake, including:
- Dedication to hydropower as an energy technology;
- Persistence in the face of institutional obstacles;
- Appreciation and understanding of the relationships among project engineering, environment and economics;
- A strong commitment to fair dealing and plain speaking; and
- Uncommon energy, enthusiasm and excitement as a leading force in the industry.
Nominations for the 2014 Dr. Kenneth Henwood Award are due by Monday, April 7. Submissions should be made in writing and sent to award committee chair Kirby Gilbert.
The award will be presented during a ceremony at the National Hydropower Association's Annual Conference, which takes place April 28-30 at the Capital Hilton in Washington, D.C. For more information about the event, visit here.