Pakistan's Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) seeks bids to supply control system and excitation equipment and a generator transformer bay for the 184-MW Chashma hydroelectric project in Pakistan's Mianwali District. Bids in separate solicitations are due February 12, 13, and 27.
Chashma was built in 2001 on the right abutment of Chashma Barrage near Chashma on the Indus River. It features eight bulb turbine-generators of 23 MW each.
Bids are due by 1 p.m. February 12 for two lots:
- CPS/ITR/007, relays and timers for control system of generator and transformer; and
- CPS/ITR/078, excitation transformer.
Bids are due by 1 p.m. February 13 for a third lot:
- CPS/ITR/079, overspeed device for emergency shutdown of unit and hydraulic drive system of trashrack cleaning machine for rake opening, closing.
Bid documents are available for 500 rupees (US$5.15) each until 4 p.m. February 11 for the first two lots and by 4 p.m. February 12 for the third lot. Courier delivery costs 1,000 rupees (US$10.25) each. Fees are payable by pay order or bank draft on Muslim Commercial Bank Ltd. Chashma Barrage Branch. For information, contact Water and Power Development Authority, Resident Engineer, Chashma Hydel Power Station; (92) 459-809618.
WAPDA seeks 132-kV GIS generator transformer bay for Chashma
WAPDA also seeks bids by February 27 to supply a 132-kilovolt GIS generator transformer bay for Chashma.
Bid documents may be purchased for 1,000 rupees (US$10.25) from the addresses below by February 26. Payment is by bank draft or pay order to Manager Finance (Hydel) Lahore, payable at Habib Bank Ltd. Gardee Square Branch, Lahore; or Resident Engineer, Chashma Hydel Power Station, payable on Muslim Commercial Bank Ltd. Chashma Barrage Branch, Chashma, Mianwali.
Bids are due by 11 a.m. February 27. For information, contact:
- Office of General Manager (Hydel) Operation, Water and Power Development Authority, 185-Wapda House, Lahore; (92) 42-99202288; Fax: (92) 42-22202159; or
- Office of Resident Engineer, Water and Power Development Authority, Chashma Hydel Power Station; (92) 459-809618, (92) 459-923286; Fax: (92) 42-923283.