The Tennessee Valley Authority is seeking candidates for positions on its Dam Safety Independent Review Board (IRB), which serves in an advisory role to TVA's Dam Safety Officer.
The IRB's responsibilities include assessing consistency with industry practices and standards; assessing structural, hydrologic and seismic adequacy; suggesting integration of new development and philosophies into TVA's Dam Safety Program; and recommending solutions to dam engineering problems.
TVA said the board will also participate in and provide oversight for periodic reviews of its safety program and analysis, design, inspection, instrumentation, construction, operation, and rehabilitation of the dams it owns and operates.
- One dam safety expert with extensive experience in establishing corporate/agency policies and procedures for ensuring the safety of a dam portfolio;
- One dam safety engineer with extensive experience in the development and application of risk-informed decision making approaches as applied to dams;
- One hydrology expert with extensive experience in hydrologic analysis of large river systems;
- One structural engineer with extensive experience in analysis of concrete dams;
- One geotechnical engineer with extensive experience in the analysis of embankment dams; and
- One engineering geologist with specialized knowledge of geology and geologic/geotechnical engineering.
Selected candidates will be required to collaborate with other IRB members at periodic meetings held at TVA's offices or project sites, with other responsibilities potentially dictated by dam safety emergencies.
Interested parties are asked to send a resume with qualifications, experience and references to TVA Dam Safety Officer David Bowling (email: email@example.com) with the subject line "TVA - IRB Candidate".
Expressions of interest are due by December 20.