PJSC UkrHydroEnergo seeks bids for turbine-generator repairs and control upgrade at the 444-MW Kaniv hydroelectric project on Ukraine's Dnieper River. Bids are due September 3.
The work is part of ongoing Ukrainian hydro project rehabilitation funded by the World Bank, European Investment Bank, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. UkrHydroEnergo took bids in April for rehabilitation of generators at the 686-MW Kremenchuk and 661-MW Dnipro 2 projects on the Dnieper.
The utility plans to extend project life with replacement of equipment and dam safety work at six hydroelectric projects: Kaniv, Kremenchuk (or Kremenchug), Dnipro 2, 651-MW Dnipro 1 (or Dnieper or Dnieprovska 1 and 2), 225-MW Kyiv (or Kiev) pumped-storage, and 352-MW Dniprodzerzhinsk (or Dniprodzerzhynsk or Dnieprojerzinsk). UkrHydroEnergo awarded a contract in 2009 to Ukraine turbine manufacturer Turboatom to supply replacement turbines for Kaniv, Dnipro 2, Kyiv, and Dniprodzerzhinsk.
Ukrhydroenergo now seeks bids for two lots:
- Lot 1, UHE/TKNV1/T/2-13, rehabilitation of two blocks including seven turbines and generators and eight auxiliary systems of hydro units of Kaniv;
- Lot 2, UHE/TKNV2/T/2-13, rehabilitation of eight unit control and protection systems and two block control and protection systems at Kaniv.
Bids may be submitted for one or both lots. The work for both lots is to require 62 months.
Bidding documents, in English and Russian, may be obtained from the address below for 1,000 euros (US$1,323) by direct deposit to any of the specified account numbers:
- Intermediary Bank: Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt Am Main, DE, SWIFT: DEUTDEFF;
- Correspondent Bank, Khreschatyk Bank, Kyiv, Ukraine, SWIFT: KHRCUAUK, Account No. 100-9477720 00/EUR;
- Bank of Beneficiary: Ukrconstinvestbank JSC, Kiev, Ukraine, Account No. 1600100018925;
- Beneficiary: Ukrhydroenergo PJSC, 07300 Vyshgorod, Kyiv Region, Ukraine, Account No. 26005301068101.
Payment also can be made directly to the PJSC UkrHydroEnergo cashier at the address below in the equivalent Ukrainian hryvnas according to the National Bank of Ukraine exchange rate. Upon request, the documents will dispatched by courier.
Bids are due by 11 a.m. September 3. For information, contact Public Joint Stock Company UkrHydroEnergo, Mrs. Zhanna Gutina, First Deputy Director, PJSC UkrHydroEnergo office 207, 07300 Vyshgorod, Kyiv Region, Ukraine; (380) 45-9658227; Fax: (380) 45-9622007; E-mail: email@example.com.