Korporata Elektroenergjetike Shqiptare (KESH) seeks bids for spillway gates and stoplogs as part of the rehabilitation of the 500-MW Fierza and 600-MW Komani hydroelectric projects on Albania's Drin River. A site visit is scheduled October 23, with bids due November 26.
The Albanian power corporation issued a similar solicitation in 2011 for spillway gates and stoplogs at Fierza, Komani, and the 250-MW Vau i Dejes project, also on the Drin. The spillway work is on KESH's list of high priority dam safety work for the three hydropower stations, which supply 95 percent of Albania's power.
KESH now seeks design, manufacturing, testing, installation, and commissioning for:
- Fierza Spillway Tower 3, spillway gate structure and one set of winches, stoplog structure and one set of winches;
- Fierza Spillway Tower 4, spillway gate structure and one set of winches, stoplog structure and one set of winches;
- Fierza Spillways, power supply, control, and monitoring;
- Komani Spillway Tunnel 3, spillway gate structure and servomotor, stoplog structure and two sets of winches;
- Komani Spillway Tunnel 4, spillway gate structure and servomotor, stoplog structure and two sets of winches;
- Komani Spillways, power supply, control, and monitoring.
A four-day site visit and a pre-bid meeting are scheduled to begin October 23. Tender documents may be obtained from the address below for 250 euros (US$323) by direct deposit to Raiffeisen Bank, Tirana, Albania, Account No. 800 300 4407, IBAN AL50 2021 1013 0000 0080 0300 4407 SWIFT SGSBALTX Account Name: KESH/Projekti i Ristrukturimit te Sektorit Energjetik.
Bids are due to the address below by noon November 26. For information, contact Project Director Marialis Celo, Korporata Elektroenergjetike Shqiptare, KESH, Project Management Unit, Rehabilitation and Dam Safety Projects, Blloku Vasil Shanto, Tirana, Albania; Tel/Fax: (355) 4-2262148; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; Internet: www.kesh.com.al.