The Alberta Utilities Commission said in a June 22 notice that it will consider five related applications associated with the proposed Jenner Wind Power Project and its interconnection to Alberta’s transmission system.
Those applications are:
· Power Renewable Energy Corp. - Application to construct a 120 MW wind farm, named the Jenner Wind Power Project.
· Power Renewable Energy Corp. - Application to construct a new substation (the Halsbury 306S Substation) to be located east of the town of Jenner, Alberta.
· Alberta Electric System Operator - Application for approval of the need to connect the Jenner Wind Power Project to the Alberta interconnected electric system.
· Power Renewable Energy Corp. - Application for a new 14-kilometer, 240-kV transmission line, designated as Transmission Line 949L, between the proposed Halsbury 306S Substation and the existing Jenner 275S Substation. The applicant applied for a preferred and alternate route; either route may be approved by the commission.
· AltaLink Management Ltd. - Application to alter the existing Jenner 275S Substation to meet the need identified by the Alberta Electric System Operator.
Power Renewable Energy proposed that the Halsbury 306S Substation would consist of the following equipment:
· Two 240/35-kV transformers.
· One 240-kV circuit breaker.
· Two 35-kV switch gear buildings including nine 35-kV circuit breakers.
AltaLink Management indicated that the alterations to the Jenner 275S Substation would consist of adding one 240-kV circuit breaker, modifying other associated substation equipment, and expanding the fenceline of the substation by about 30 meters by 55 meters in the northeast corner.
Written submissions on the applications are due by July 28. The commission will be holding an information session at the Jenner Community Hall on July 20.
Power Renewable Energy is proposing the Jenner project as a 120 MW development. It anticipates that the project could accommodate up to an additional 180 MW, potentially making it a 300 MW facility.
Power Renewable Energy is a unit of Power Energy Corp. (PE). PE invests in companies operating in the renewable energy sector and is a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, a diversified international management and holding company.