German power utility E.On announced that it is forming E.On Energy Services. E.On sees its ability to customize asset management services as key to service the fast-growing wind and solar energy markets.
E.On brings considerable assets to project-optimizing services:
· More than $5 billion dollars invested in North America;
· Nearly 3,000 MW of North American power generation capacity owned, operated, or maintained by the company;
· Millions of dollars in reductions in E.On's own operating costs;
· Operates more than 1,800 wind turbines; and
· Operates a 24/7 scheduling and dispatch center with experience in multiple RTO/ISO territories.
The wind and solar markets continue to expand greatly in North America but there are relatively few nationally active service providers. E.On Energy Services will provide project owners and investors with services that can:
· Protect equipment through simple maintenance techniques that improve operating conditions;
· Save costs by retrofitting equipment when that is a more cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements;
· Innovate technology by working with parts vendors and manufacturers on design fixes; and
· Improve safety with solutions that can lower on-site operating risks.